The following books are available for review at the Journal of Language and Social Psychology. If you are interested in reviewing one of them, please contact Jake Harwood, JLSP book review editor: email@example.com.
- Indicate which book you are interested in reviewing,
- Provide information on your interest and qualifications for reviewing that book, and
- Include a mailing address.
Please don’t request a book unless you can make a firm commitment to write the review. Reviews are typically around 1500 words, with a maximum length of 2000 words, and need to be completed within 3 months. The journal will supply a copy of the book. Books available:
- Peter Siemund – Speech acts and clause types: English in a cross-linguistic context. Oxford.
- Minyao Huang and Kasia Jaszcozolt – Expressing the self: Cultural diversity and cognitive universals. Oxford.
- Pia Resnik – Multilinguals’ verbalisation and perception of emotions. Multilingual matters.
- Juan Eduardo Bonnin – Discourse and mental health: Voice, inequality and resistance in medical settings. Routledge.
- Erina MacGeorge and Lyn Van Swol – The Oxford handbook of advice. Oxford.
- Kenneth Rehg and Lyle Campbell – The Oxford handbook of endangered languages. Oxford.