15th International Conference on Language and Social Psychology (ICLASP15)
Jointly organized with the 5th Language in the Realm of Social Dynamics (LIROD 5) conference
Hosted by the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC)
Venue: Bangkok, Thailand Date: 22 – 25 June 2016
This conference brings together communication scholars who investigate language in many social contexts, using quantitative or qualitative methods. Research in this field is multi-disciplinary, with particularly strong contributions from communication studies and communicology, social psychology, sociolinguistics, and applied linguistics. It focuses on the perceptions, motivations, norms and contextual factors that influence interactants in the communication process, as well as on language and communication behavior and its consequences.
Venue address: University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce 126 Vibhavadee Rangsit Road Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 Thailand Map of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce: http://www.utcc.ac.th/index.php/en/aboutUs/ContactUTCC Symposia/Paper submissions deadline: 15th February, 2016 Conference email: email@example.com
To register, use the links below: add a conference registration to your “cart”, and then following the instructions on screen to complete the payment process. Your receipt for payment is also your receipt for registration. **Please note that if you would like to attend the conference dinner cruise, you have to add this item to your “cart” as a separate item from registration.**
Registration payment is processed via PayPal and may be in either US dollars (USD) or Thai bhat (THB). Register by 10th May, 2016 for best conference fee rates.
Registration fee includes refreshments during welcome reception, breaks and lunches, but not travel, accommodation, conference dinner cruise and other extras such as tours. No fee refund after 1st June, 2016, alas.
AFTER 10th May, 2016, Registration will increase to:
Developed Economy participant*
IALSP member Standard: US$ 225 (THB 8000) Student: US$ 115 (THB 4000)
Non-IALSP member Standard: US$ 295 (THB 10500) Student: US$ 150 (THB 5500)
Developing/In Transition Economy participant*
IALSP member Standard: US$ 95 (THB 3400) Student: US$ 45 (THB 1600)
Non-IALSP member Standard: US$ 115 (THB 4000) Student: US$ 55 (THB 1900)
*see www.un.org for detailed classification. Developed economies include countries in North America (excluding the Caribbean), Europe, Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong. Developing economies include those in Africa, Central & South America, the Middle East and Asia.
**inclusive of 2 yr IALSP membership (see www.ialsp.org)
Extras: (i) Conference Dinner Cruise: $34.00 (THB 1200); book early as spaces are limited.
Accommodation and Transportation Information
1. Bangkok has a wide variety of accommodation to suit every taste and budget and most is to be found on the web (accommodation is not covered by the registration fee). Local organizers have negotiated favourable rates from hotels they have used before in three budget categories: budget (around US $40.00) mid-range (US$ 70-100.00) or higher (US$ 100+).
2. Map of the Venue (University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce): http://www.utcc.ac.th/index.php/en/aboutUs/ContactUTCC Further details of the building and rooms will be available closer to the conference on the conference website.
3. Travel, visas, insurance, climate, health requirements, etc. The Tourism authority of Thailand has a fair amount of information at www.tourismthailand.org, and there are many other websites that may be useful (surf to your hearts’ content!). However, since these aspects are your responsibility, please ensure you obtain and follow appropriate advice, WELL IN ADVANCE, for travel, visas, health and insurance from your national agencies, and from Thai embassies in your countries.
4. Organisers are also exploring possibilities of local guided tours (details will be posted as soon as they are available).
5. For other queries please email organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org. ***