The following announcement may be of interest to IALSP members:
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2018/19 for full-time PhD study in the Department of English at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The Fellowship Scheme is funded by the Research Grants Council (RGC) and welcomes applications from across the globe. It covers a monthly stipend of HK$20,000 and a conference and research related travel allowance of HK$10,000 per year for three years. PolyU will award the same provision for the fourth year of study if applicable.
They welcome qualified applicants interested in the following research areas:
• Language and Professional Communication (including health communication)
• Language Teaching and Learning
• Linguistics, English Language, and Systemic Functional Linguistics
• Media and Communication
• Area Studies and Intercultural Communication
Applicants should check the Departmental webpage for areas of research interest: https://www.polyu.
(Hong Kong time, GMT+8)
• 1 September 2017 (12.00) – 1 December 2017 (12.00)
Submission of initial application and research proposal to RGC
• 1 December 2017 (23.59)
Submission of full application and research proposal to PolyU
If applicants have questions that cannot be answered by referring to the above websites, they may contact Prof Kathleen Ahrens at firstname.lastname@example.org.